Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Pills, Poverty and Missing teeth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member SkoalSpitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2009
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Pills, Poverty and Missing teeth

    Anybody catch the 20/20 episode on central Appalachia? Its on now.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SkoalSpitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2009
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pills, Poverty and Missing teeth

    They got in coal and incest to.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pills, Poverty and Missing teeth

    Just got finished watching it, they pretty much hit the nail on the head for those people. Feel sorry for the kids, don't deserve to live like that.


    Can watch it on abc's site.

    ABC News: Children of the Mountains Struggle to Survive

  4. #4
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pills, Poverty and Missing teeth

    The only beef I have is that you could see the same thing if you came to Southside VA or any inner city area. Where I live is WAY more rural and I think WAY more "backwards" than SWVA. I just hate the stereotypical stuff.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2009
    Posts
    852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pills, Poverty and Missing teeth

    Quote Originally Posted by jtw61194 View Post
    The only beef I have is that you could see the same thing if you came to Southside VA or any inner city area. Where I live is WAY more rural and I think WAY more "backwards" than SWVA. I just hate the stereotypical stuff.
    This country points fingers at just one group of people sometimes it seems. My beef is that the point the fingers as if that certain group were the only one "guilty."

  6. #6
    Inactive Member SkoalSpitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2009
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pills, Poverty and Missing teeth

    Funny how they ended it with the guy beside the road digging coal. Saying he couldn't find a job. They should have sent him to the mines they went to earlier the guy said they needed a hundred people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •